Economics & Finance Department
Department Chair's Speech: The Department of Economics and Project Management and the Department of Investment and Finance were established with the inception of the college, and the two departments were merged into one department under the name of Department of Economics and Finance, after reference comparisons with accredited local, regional and international universities. Economics and finance, with its multiple specializations, also represents the most important departments in the field of business and meet the needs of the labor market. Perhaps there is no functional sector, whether in the public or private sectors, that does not need specialists in the field of management, and under this particular name, as well as the new orientation according to the Kingdom’s vision 2030, and to work on Encouraging Saudization , which requires the availability of national competencies capable of filling quality jobs within the various economic sectors, in order to contribute to the sustainable development process.
About the Department: The Department of Economics and Finance seeks to keep pace with the rapid developments in the local, regional and international business environment by graduating cadres who possess the necessary knowledge and skills that enable them in the business environment, by providing students with basic knowledge in the field of economics, finance and insurance to serve the economic, financial and insurance environment in the Kingdom Saudi Arabia in accordance with the Kingdom's Vision 2030.
Vision: That the department becomes a center for education and scientific research in the fields of economics, finance and insurance and meets the needs of the labor market in qualifying and preparing specialized cadres at the local and international levels, and enhancing the role of the university in achieving its mission through education, learning and scientific research in the economic, financial and insurance fields.
Mission: Preparing and qualifying specialized and distinguished human competencies with basic knowledge and skills in economics, finance and insurance programs through academic programs that contribute to filling the needs of the labor market and contributing to community service in accordance with Vision 2030, and providing an appropriate research environment to develop the capabilities of faculty members and actively contribute to the advancement of society.
Values: Commitment, transparency, innovation and excellence in various academic programs and aspects.
• Providing modern and advanced academic programs in the fields of economics, finance and insurance.
• Develop the student's analytical and deductive skills and provide him with effective communication skills and the use of modern technology.
• Establishing the principles and rules of professional ethics in the fields of economy, investment, finance and insurance
• Providing the labor market with specialized competencies in the fields of economy, investment, finance and insurance to meet the needs of business and government establishments.
• Preparing and implementing specialized training programs for financial and insurance institutions in order to contribute to the development and service of society
• Preparing distinguished graduates with basic knowledge and skills consistent with quality standards in various fields of economy, finance and insurance in line with Vision 2030.
Employment fields: The department qualifies through its economics, finance and insurance programs to work in many fields, including but not limited to.
• Work as analysts in the public sector or the private sector in the fields of economics, finance and insurance.
• Work in financial intermediation institutions (financial markets).
• Working in the insurance companies sector and managing financial risks.
• Work in economic and monetary institutions (investment funds, banks)