(1): The department head's speech:
Accounting is the global language of business and is a necessary tool for communicating the science of financial data between organizations and individuals. It is a language that is understood and applied by leaders around the world as a means to determine wealth, profitability and liquidity. It determines the growth and stability of any organization. The Department of Accounting at Taif University seeks to establish solid rules in the accounting and auditing profession, encourage scientific research and contribute to the development of the professional level of students, as a prelude To prepare qualified national competencies to meet the challenges of the times and to keep pace with the Kingdom’s vision 2030. It also seeks to develop the students’ theoretical and professional accounting capabilities through an environment that generates creativity and innovation by building close relationships between students and faculty members. And also from the department's visions is to obtain academic accreditation for the bachelor's and master's programs and to establish a doctoral program.
Finally, I ask the Almighty God to grant success to our student sons and daughters.
Head of Accounting Department
(2): An introduction to the department:
The accounting department was established with the inception of the college, and it aims to provide the student with the latest information and develop his accounting capabilities. The student must study 135 credits according to the approved plans to obtain a bachelor's degree in accounting. The accounting department is linked to the college’s goals and mission in terms of emphasizing quality and distinguishing the department’s outputs in a way that serves the local and Arab labor market within the framework of accounting specialties. Scholarships and training.
Introduction to the Accounting Scientific Program: Accounting is seen as one of the social sciences that is characterized by providing financial presentation and disclosure services, and reviewing and analyzing financial data to provide various accounting services to parties interested in building and performing companies of all kinds, purposeful and not-for-profit. In view of the Saudi environment and its unlimited support from the state, may God protect it; To build a knowledge economy and build Saudi companies that contribute to achieving the Kingdom’s policies in strengthening the components of the national economy, it has become necessary to work on providing the Kingdom with qualified Saudi competencies in the field of accounting and auditing to contribute to supporting financial and administrative practices with national cadres. In view of the reality of higher education in the field of accounting and auditing, it is possible to explore the need for such a program, as the labor market in the Kingdom in general needs graduates of accounting and auditing, especially in light of economic developments and the expansion of investments to support the march of national progress, which calls for the establishment of such programs To achieve the Kingdom's policies and aspirations in qualifying national cadres.
Accounting Program Objectives and Outputs:
1- Providing male and female students with academic, professional and ethical knowledge in the field of accounting and auditing.
2- To develop the abilities of male and female students to research, analyze and diagnose accounting problems and to be able to solve them, and to develop plans, strategies and executive programs on sound scientific foundations using modern technologies.
3- Building a strategic partnership between the department and the local business community, which will be reflected in supporting the department's programs and employing students after their graduation.
4- Qualifying male and female students to obtain professional certificates in the field of accounting and auditing.
As for its outputs:
1) Knowledge and understanding:
a: That the student determine the levels of building the intellectual framework for accounting.
b: The student should describe the accounting systems in the different institutions.
c: The student should summarize the methods and procedures for carrying out audits.
a: The student analyzes the financial and accounting reports information in scientific and methodological ways.
b: The student should use sound accounting guidance in accordance with the accounting standards in institutions
c: The student should design the appropriate accounting systems for the various institutions and their operating procedures
a: The student should participate effectively in a work team; To find out everything new in the field of accounting and auditing.
b: To give the student innovative solutions to obstacles and deficiencies in the accounting systems and audit procedures and methods.
The future plans of the accounting department:
1. Master of Science in Accounting.
2. Master's degree in professional accounting or forensic accounting and financial crimes.
3. Diploma in Accounting
Achieving excellence by graduating the best professional cadres in the fields of Accounting and Auditing, both at the level of education and scientific research,to keep pace with the changes and challenges imposed by the business environment.
Providing the labor market with its needs of human competencies specialized in the fields of Accounting and Auditing; Which contributes to the production of knowledge and the achievement of sustainable development goals.
1. Critical thinking, analysis of accounting problems and the ability to solve them.
2. The ability to use the approaches and methods developed in the field of accounting and auditing.
3. The ability to understand the ethical and professional aspects associated with accounting and auditing.
4. Efficiency in operating and reviewing accounting systems, and preparing financial reports in accordance with local and international accounting and auditing standards.
5. To be able to harmonize and adapt with the requirements and controls of community work in the field of practicing the profession of accounting and auditing.
6. The ability to lead and take responsibility in auditing, financial analysis and performance evaluation teams.
1. Providing students with academic and professional knowledge in all areas of accounting.
2. Providing students with the ability to understand the ethical and professional aspects related to accounting and auditing, and the ability to assume professional responsibility.
3. Providing students with the ability to understand, operate and review the accounting system, and prepare and review financial reports in accordance with local and international accounting and auditing standards.
4. Preparing male and female graduates who are able to prepare financial statements and final accounts for business organizations and to prove and record financial statements (either manually or electronically) in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and Saudi and international accounting standards.
5. To develop students' abilities to research, analyze and diagnose accounting problems and to be able to solve them, and to develop plans, strategies and executive programs on sound scientific foundations using modern technologies.
6. Building a strategic partnership between the department and the business community, which will be reflected in supporting the department's programs and employing students after their graduation.
7. Obtaining academic accreditation for the program from local and international bodies.
8. Qualifying students for postgraduate studies and scientific research and obtaining higher academic degrees.
9. Qualifying students to obtain local and international professional certificates.
(7): Expected practical fields for graduates of the program:
Graduates of the Bachelor of Accounting program enjoy the availability of career opportunities, as accounting is one of the required specializations in most governmental and private institutions and agencies. To mention but not limited to, we mention some of the entities that need to employ accounting graduates:
-The General Auditing Bureau and its various branches.
- Financial management and benefits in government departments and ministries.
- Financial departments of public and private sector companies.
- Departments of costs and budgets in companies and factories.
- Various departments in financial institutions (banks, insurance companies, investment, stock markets).
- Hotel establishments sector.
- Aviation sector.
- Petroleum sector.
- Financial, accounting and tax consulting centers.