History of the College
College of Education and Science was established under the guidance of the generous Royal Decree No. (10209 / MB) on 30/12/1429 AH entitled (Faculty of Education and Science”. The first batch of students was received at the beginning of the first semester of the academic year 1429/1430 AH, To be the nucleus of the branch of Taif University in Kharrama. At the beginning of the second semester of the academic year 1438/1439 AH, the name of the college was changed to the university college in Kharramah.
The University College aims at preparing specialized competences according to the needs of the development plans as well as serving the community through the research projects, lectures and seminars held inside and outside the college. The College places these goals in mind, and does not spare any effort in securing all the factors that it achieves through qualifying the competencies of its faculty members, providing the latest scientific and technical equipment, and offering various scientific programs according to the plans of studies that match the international standards. Its obsession continues to produce competent students with variety of vital specializations that takes its important place in serving development, and gives according to the ambitions of the nation and the aspirations of society.
After the program transformation, the university branch includes seven departments :
First: Scientific Departments
Second: Literary Departments
Department of Humanities includes:
English Language Program
Arabic Language Program
Islamic Sharia Program
Kindergarten Department Early Childhood Program