Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
The Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry will become one of the distinguished departments in terms of teaching, research in drug discovery at the national and international levels.
The Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry aims to prepare a generation of distinguished pharmacists through an advanced educational and research environment that conforms to international quality standards, meets the requirements of the labor market, and contributes to achieve the objectives and plans of Saudi’s vision 2030.
- Preparing qualified pharmacists with advanced knowledge and experience to contribute to solving problems in various health and pharmaceutical fields.
- Training undergraduate and graduate students to acquire scientific and technical skills in the design, synthesis and extraction of drugs, as well as testing their biological efficiency in order to use existing technology and adopt and develop new technology.
- Meeting the needs of the public and private sector and the pharmaceutical factories with high quality Pharm.D. Students.
- Conduct academic and applied scientific research and stimulate researchers and students to publish research findings in international journals with high impact factor.
- To develop the staff of the department in the field of teaching and research by encouraging them to participate in national, regional and international conferences and to establish joint scientific cooperation with distinguished international universities.
- Provide consultation in the field of drug design and development/discovery through specialized members of the faculty