The Taif program of Medicine [Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery- MBBS] at Taif University consists of six-academic years followed by the year of internship. The program includes basic science and clinical courses in an integrated manner in addition to other university mandatory courses. The student is prepared to acquire the basic, medical and clinical skills necessary to practice the medical profession. The program leads to graduation of a general practitioner who is qualified to provide health services, conduct research in a professional way, matches with Islamic values and international standards of patient-care ethics. The graduate will also be able to establish communication with the community in the framework of keeping up with the latest international developments. The MBBS program in Taif University is an integrated curriculum, with student is the core center of the educational process, taught using modern methods of teaching and learning. Teaching based on problem solving using different teaching approaches, including active learning, patient simulation, as well as clinical training in hospitals. Community service development is among the core activities within the program.
Taif program of Medicine is committed to graduating professionally outstanding physicians and potential health care leaders that are capable of conducting and utilizing scientific research, serving their community and demonstrating ability for collaboration and lifelong learning according to Islamic and international ethical values.
- To foster student development as a fully capable general practitioner, collaborator, researcher and healthcare provider.
- To graduate life-long learners with professional leadership attributes who value Islamic principles, international ethical standards and patient centered care.
- To establish a liaison with the community through the program.
Program of Medicine Graduate Attributes (COMGA):
The graduate attributes that students will develop during their studies in College of Medicine Taif University are:
- Core knowledge of Medical Sciences and Ethics
- Inquiry mindset and Critical appraisal
- Understanding of the evidence base for the dynamic professional practice
- Ability to communicate and collaborate for the community health benefits
- IT and Medical informatics skills.
- Leadership and management skills
Program Learning Outcomes
After completion of the program of medicine and surgery, the graduate will be able to:
- K1| Describe the details of scientific knowledge of the healthy and diseased human body at different stages of life cycle.
- S1| Integrate basic, clinical, psychosocial and social science in health and diseases
- S2| Perform basic sciences’ laboratory skills and essential clinical skills
- S3| Apply the evidence-based practice in health care setup.
- S4| Demonstrate clinical reasoning, decision making and problem solving in clinical setup.
- S5| Employ patients’ needs and safety at the center of the care process.
- S6| Conduct basic scientific research
- C1| Exhibit professional, Islamic, legal and ethical principles during study and clinical setup.
- C2| Exercise collaboration in the intra-professional and inter-professional teams
- C3| Demonstrate the capability of continuous professional development by lifelong independent learning and reflective thinking
- C4| Demonstrate health promotion and disease prevention measures in health care setup.
- C5| Demonstrate effective verbal and nonverbal communication skills with patients, their caregivers and health professionals with special reference to the role of self-reflection and peer assessment.
- C6| Use IT and workplace medical informatics system efficiently.
- C7| Manage patients with common medical problems and life-threatening conditions
Course specifications of different modules:
1st level: Medical Chemistry I | Medical Biology I
2nd level: Medical Chemistry II | Medical Biology II
3rd level: Medical Statistics | Medical Physics
4th Level: General Microbiology |Basics of Physiology | Basics of Biochemistry | Anatomy
5th Level: Musculoskeletal System | General Pathology| Basics of Pharmacology
6th Level: Community Medicine| Immunology | Hematology
7th Level: Respiratory System | Cardiovascular System
8th Level: Urinary System | Gastrointestinal Tract
9th Level: Reproduction | Endocrinology
10th Level: Research Methodology I | Central nervous System
11th Level : Special senses I [Belongs to Phase I] | Medical Diagnostics | *Medical Ethics and professionalism
12th Level: Special senses II | Orthopedics | *Patient safety
13th Level: Research Methodology II * | Medicine I
14th Level: Surgery I | Family Medicine
15th Level: Pediatrics
16th Level: Research Project * | Surgery II
17th Level: Psychiatry | Medicine II
18th Level: Obstetrics& Gynecology | Elective I | Elective II
19th Level: Internship
Please press in the attchment below to download the MBBS Program Guide.
For more details regarding different university guidlines, please visit Academic Guidance Unit