The Taif program of Medicine [Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery- MBBS] at Taif University consists of six-academic years followed by the year of internship. The program includes basic science and clinical courses in an integrated manner in addition to other university mandatory courses. The student is prepared to acquire the basic, medical and clinical skills necessary to practice the medical profession. The program leads to graduation of a general practitioner who is qualified to provide health services, conduct research in a professional way, matches with Islamic values and international standards of patient-care ethics. The graduate will also be able to establish communication with the community in the framework of keeping up with the latest international developments. The MBBS program in Taif University is an integrated curriculum, with student is the core center of the educational process, taught using modern methods of teaching and learning. Teaching based on problem solving using different teaching approaches, including active learning, patient simulation, as well as clinical training in hospitals. Community service development is among the core activities within the program.
Taif program of Medicine is committed to graduating professionally outstanding physicians and potential health care leaders that are capable of conducting and utilizing scientific research, serving their community and demonstrating ability for collaboration and lifelong learning according to Islamic and international ethical values.
- To foster student development as a fully capable general practitioner, collaborator, researcher and healthcare provider.
- To graduate life-long learners with professional leadership attributes who value Islamic principles, international ethical standards and patient centered care.
- To establish a liaison with the community through the program.
Program of Medicine Graduate Attributes (COMGA):
The graduate attributes that students will develop during their studies in College of Medicine Taif University are:
- Core knowledge of Medical Sciences and Ethics
- Inquiry mindset and Critical appraisal
- Understanding of the evidence base for the dynamic professional practice
- Ability to communicate and collaborate for the community health benefits
- IT and Medical informatics skills.
- Leadership and management skills
For more details regarding different university guidlines, please visit Academic Guidance Unit