Publishing Rules and Procedures
The Conditions of Publishing in the Saudi Journal for Academic Guidance
Fist: Technical Conditions:
- Arabic papers should be written in font type Simplified Arabic and font size (14). Headings should be written in bold type font size (16). Subheadings should be written in bold tytpe font size (14). Page margins should be (3.25 cm) on both sides of the page and (3.5 cm) up and down the page. Leave single spaces between lines. Tables of Arabic papers should be written in font type Simplified Arabic and font size (10).
- As for English papers, use font type Times New Roman and font size (11). Use bold type font size (13) to write headings, and bold type font size (11) for subheadings. Page margins should be (3.25 cm) on both sides of the page and (3.5 cm) up and down the page. Leave single spaces between lines. Tables of English papers should be written in font type Times New Roman and font size (8).
- Arabic numbers (1, 2, 3…) are used throughout the paper. Page numbering should be in the middle, bottom of the page.
- The Arabic abstract of a paper should not exceed (200) words, provided that an English abstract is included.
- The pages of a paper should not exceed (30), (8000 words) with the Arabic and English abstracts included.
- The title of the paper, the name(s) of the researcher(s), the name of the university / establishment the researcher(s) is / are affiliated to, and the researcher(‘s’) contact information should be typed on an independent page preceding the pages of the paper.
- After that, the pages of the paper follow, starting with the first page where only the title of the paper is typed, followed by the whole paper.
- The paper should include an introduction, research questions and problems, research objectives, significance, limitations, terminology, theoretical framework, literature review, research hypotheses and the research procedures which include: research methodology, samples, tools, procedures and statistical methods used. After that, the results and the discussion thereof follows, which includes the results of analysis along with tables, figures and the commentary thereon. Next, comes the recommendations and a list of references arranged alphabetically, where the method of documentation depends on the Sir names.
- The documentation method adopted should be that of the American Psychological Association – APA.
- In order to verify the eligibility of any received paper for publishing, it is subjected firstly to the initial scrutiny of the Editorial Commission, then, to the scientific refereeing of specialized referees. In case the paper is approved for publishing, all publishing rights revert to the Journal. It is prohibited to publish the paper in any other publishing channel, hard or soft, without the proper written consent of the Editor.
- In case the paper is published, the researcher is given a hard copy of the issue along with (5) off-prints of the study.
- The opinions mentioned in the Journal express those of the researchers, not those of the Journal. The order of papers in the Journal indicates neither the significance of the paper nor the status of the researcher.
- The paper is sent as a WORD file to the Journal’s e-mail. The forms on the Journals website should also be filled out.
Second: Administrative Conditions:
- The researcher and all participating researchers – if any – should sign a pledge that the paper has not been published before, is not currently presented to another party for publishing, and is not a part of a published book until its refereeing is complete and the paper is published in the Journal.
- It is not allowed to publish the paper or any part thereof somewhere else after it is approved for publishing in the Journal, unless the proper written consent of the Editor is obtained.
- The researcher should transfer all publishing rights to the Journal. In case the Journal wishes to republish the paper, it has to obtain the researcher’s proper written consent.
Third: Fees of Publishing Papers:
To learn about the fees of publishing, please visit the Journal’s website.