- Qualitative and quantitative development of higher studies programs depending on network grouping, which is based on supporting interrelations between the various academic specializations. This is achieved through an array of strategic directions.
- Developing the programs of higher studies as the peak of higher education in light of the global epistemological and technical development. This aims at graduating people who have the requirements of the work market.
- Entrusting teaching tasks in the program of higher studies to competent teachers in the specific specializations related to the courses the program includes.
- Supporting cooperation between scientific specializations via activating the interrelations among the programs of higher studies. Thus aiming at the improvement of program quality and the expansion of the scale of benefiting from them.
- Varying the types of higher studies programs in light of the epistemological development and the requirements of sustainable growth.
- Offering academic and financial support to higher studies students to enable them to improve the quality of their performance and research outcomes.
- Supporting and reinforcing research cooperation among the interrelated academic departments to design integrated programs that graduate creative people in the aspect of applied research.
- Restructuring the University’s higher studies programs to move from dividing sciences according to specialization to network grouping which depends on supporting interrelations among sciences, and providing faculty members with various specializations to realize this tendency.
- Establishing flexible higher studies programs that focus on topics or problems provided that they are revised once every five years.
- Developing interrelations between the higher studies programs of Taif University, and those of the other Saudi universities in order to improve quality and avoid effort repetition.
- Achieving the utmost benefit from the technologies available at the University through preparing a database that includes the devices, equipment and requirements available at the colleges, research centers and laboratories, and enabling the specialists to benefit from them.
- Encouraging the higher studies students to forsake the traditional publishing style of their theses and adopt publishing via the widely spread websites (Hypertext).
1. Supporting and developing research in light of the international epistemological development, which is based on connecting different specializations together? This serves the different aspects of research in light of the needs of society and the requirements of development. This is achieved through an array of strategic directions.
2. Establishing and developing research infrastructure in the University so as to meet the requirements of research and contribute to the constant improvement and development of the efforts exerted in it. This is achieved through the following programs:
- The program of establishing databases for the University’s research production and connecting them to other universities, establishments, and research centers and units inside and outside the Kingdom. Also, connecting them to the parties benefiting from the results of research.
- The program of connecting the University to the local, provincial and international sources of information through subscribing to the specialized scientific websites.
- The program of providing modern technology to develop and support innovation and creativity in the field of research and its applications.
- The program of providing the required human resources that manage, maintain and conserve the infrastructure of research. Also, guaranteeing constant improvement in the abilities and potential of these resources.
3. Developing the research skills, innovation and creativity of faculty members, and motivating them to carry out distinctive research in light of the topics specified according to community needs. This is achieved through the following programs:
- The programs of enhancing the abilities and skills of the faculty members in research in general, especially the newcomers.
- The program of supporting research and the developmental, practical studies.
- The program of publishing research locally, provincially and globally.
- The program of developing knowledge and sciences in the University through working on two aspects:
- Encouraging the translation of worthy international books that serve various specializations of the University, in light of the developed study plans of colleges.
- Supporting academic writing in light of the standards of academic accreditation and the requirements of the educational process.
4. Supporting the publication of distinctive scientific theses that contribute to finding solutions to the problems of society and develop its knowledge.
5. Motivating and encouraging research through allocating financial rewards for the distinguished research papers in the different aspects of knowledge in the University.
6. Determining the topics and aspects of research according to the current and futuristic needs of the community, in a way that solves its problems and develops it. This is achieved through the following programs:
- The program of connecting the current and futuristic ambitions and needs of the community to the axes of research during the time of the plan.
- The program of supporting the effective partnership between the different sects of society to achieve the effective communication between the different tendencies of research with all its specializations, and the different needs of the different sects of society.
- The program of research integration with Saudi universities’ programs to achieve the utmost benefit from the available human and financial resources .