Skills Development Unit
The Skills Development Unit at Turbah University College seeks to achieve excellence at the university and local community levels in the development of human resources and self-capabilities.
Providing continuous training according to the latest international quality standards for all university employees and members of the local community, helps them develop their abilities and skills and achieve the university’s vision, mission and, strategic objectives.
- Developing an annual training plan that includes a full description of all the training programs to be presented by the unit.
- Organizing workshops and training courses for faculty members and students in order to develop their skills and abilities.
- Developing mechanisms to measure the training needs in the areas of quality and teaching among the target groups of the faculty members.
- Developing mechanisms to measure the training impact on the quality of performance and the educational process in the college.
- Preparing training cadres in the areas of quality and capacity development.
- Spreading awareness of the importance of training and its role in developing the skills and capabilities of the faculty’s employees.
- Providing intensive programs to provide students and faculty members with the skills required to enhance their job opportunities, such as entrepreneurship skills, computer skills and, Internet skills.
- Providing a number of courses eligible to pass international language tests such as (TOEFL & IELTS).
- Holding public courses with the aim of training in dealing with the requirements of the labor market for graduates, such as courses for writing a CV and writing a letter of nomination.
- Providing courses to develop the skills of faculty members, such as international publishing, effective presentation, use of technology in education and, assessment methods,
- Training courses on the competency test to join universities targeting students in the governorate..
- Organizing workshops and training courses for college staff in order to develop their skills and abilities in areas related to their work..
- Organizing seminars and training courses for college students in order to develop their skills in the field of self-learning and educational attainment..
- Submitting the nominations for courses for faculty members (faculty members - staff and students) in coordination with the college administration..
- Submit recommendations and reports periodically to His Excellency the Dean..