Department of Educational Sciences
The Educational Sciences Department was establish with the beginning of the work at the College of Education for Girls in Turabah. It was affiliated with the College of Arts and Education, Taif University in Turabah Branch 1439, and now it is following that Turabah university college.
The department has recently started with the restructuring decisions of the faculties of education to carry out its educational tasks and objectives as a supporting department for the other departments of the college and to present its programs and plans to support the educational and educational process and meet the urgent needs of the environment and society.
The Department of Educational Sciences at the University College of Tarbah, Taif University, aspires to be a pioneer in the educational science studies, and to be distinguished in preparing students educationally and psychologically in accordance with Islamic law and values as well as the international standards in education for the individual service and the community development.
The Department of Educational Sciences seeks to achieve its vision through:
- Upgrading teaching and learning and stimulating students’ level to undertake continuous research tasks in the field of educational sciences to contribute to the knowledge generation leading to development.
- Serving the community sectors by training, conducting studies and planning in the pursuit of its vision, in the context of the society’s requirements and using the technological innovations, and achieving the requirements of the local community.
- Holding training workshops for the faculty staff to train them on modern teaching strategies to develop their competencies.
- Holding training workshops for college students to make them aware of educational and academic behaviors to be conscious of how to deal with their professors in their university life.
- Providing educational services for the local community teachers in cooperation with the Education Department in Taraba Governorate for training them on educational and psychological methods to be able to deal with the educational system in schools.
- Developing the psychological and educational counseling unit in the college to provide continuous psychological services to both male and female students.
- Providing social guidance to both male and female college students to help them overcome the obstacles they face.
- Continuously developing the strategic and executive plans to achieve the department and college objectives in the context of the strategic and operational plan of Taif University.
- Developing the teaching of educational sciences courses and curricula in the faculty departments to both male and female.
- Developing the teaching of early childhood curricula, educationally and psychologically, in light of the curriculum development standards approved by Taif University.
- Contributing to teaching general requirements courses in the faculty to both male and female students.
- Developing the educational evaluation processes for the educational system in the faculty departments to both parts, male and female, and submitting executive plans.
- Providing multiple educational and psychological services and experiences to all departments of the faculty to both parts; for faculty members, male and female students.
- Providing educational and psychological plans to treat poor achievement results for male and female students.
- Proposing modern educational and psychological methods to develop students ’awareness of scientific and academic achievement methods, time management, and better use of it.
- Developing the student's ability to understand the educational and psychological theories and approaches, and methods of their evaluating and developing.
- Allowing the students to be aware of the education methods in the Islamic law.
- Allowing the students to be aware of the rules of teaching, in addition to providing them with an opportunity to apply and practice the critical study of teaching methods.
- Developing the student's ability to practice teaching and training through a field education program in order to develop their teaching skills.
- Providing specialized educational courses to meet the requirements of the society.
- Developing the role of the educational and psychological subcommittees in the department in light of developments in order to achieve the goals of the college and university.
Message from the Chairman:
In the context of the constant pursuit of continuous development and retaining the elements of authenticity and introducing the modernity in order to develop the work at the University College in Taraba, The Department of Educational Sciences provides educational plans based on methodological basis and scientific standards inspired by the plan of Taif University.
The strategic plan of Taif University indicates that the field of education is one of the those in which the university seeks to be special. Considering that the University College in Taraba is entrusted with this field, it aims to be special in the programs it offers. The Department of Educational Sciences contributes to the achievement of the vision of the university and the college with regard to the programs, activities and committees it provides. This contribution is represented in the development of the educational and psychological field through the programs offered by the department in the college. It is also represented through cooperation with the local community in Taraba and the neighbouring community to provide educational and psychological courses in the field of family and psychological counselling, in addition to the teacher training during Service in the educational field, and providing educational and psychological expertise to the rest of the college departments.
The Department of Educational Sciences seeks to study the needs of the labor market, and to determine the necessary standards in the educational, psychological and therapeutic field, in order to fulfill the requirements and needs of individuals and families of the local community.
The department seeks to expand the provision of educational and psychological experiences provided to male and female students in both parts, to include all the necessary specializations according to the strategic and executive plan of the university and the college. The department also seeks to work on the main axes and tracks of the development aspects in light of the vision of the University College in Taraba to ensure the implementation of its mission and achieve its stated strategic objectives based on the study of the strengths and weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to ensure the quality of performance in the educational process, besides making the most of all human resources. The department adopts the reference standards and exerts the required effort for development, mastering work, good performance, and continuous follow-up to overcome difficulties, as well as providing an appropriate academic and educational environment for communication, allowing to create new cadres who can assume responsibility in preparing a teacher believing in his/her mission and fulfilling his/her role.
The department believes that the pioneering role of Taif University at the national, regional and global levels imposes a great responsibility on it for the continuity of developing the educational and psychological experiences and decisions it provides in various disciplines in the college, including: early childhood, and general requirements, to raise the level of qualification of male and female students. And to contribute to the creating of a distinct elite of specialists in educational sciences at the national and regional levels, as well as to contribute to the preparation of distinguished teachers, according to the curricula of preparation at the national level, and to provide the local community with the educational and psychological services, in accordance with the international standards.