The Physics Program was established in the year 1429 under the name of physics department . It was established among other four sections of the faculty .
The vision is to establish a program that offers practical educational services to develop students concepts and skills to finally realize the utmost standards of distinction .
The message of the program aims to create an appropriate learning environments that paves the way for academic advancement and the promotion of students learning and practical skills . The message , also , aims to improve the quality of program outputs, and the adoption of the concepts and practices that help the members of the teaching staff to develop professional abilities .
The objectives of Physics program :
- The preparation of qualified students to participate in the kingdom's programs and plans of development in the future .
- Equipping graduates with the skills of thinking ability and scientific creativity .
- Teaching physics to the students of different programs in the college and university .
- Paying attention to the theoretical and applied scientific research.
- Providing scientific services in the field of physics and non-governmental sectors.
- contributing to spreading cultural knowledge in the field of physics through holding seminars and scientific conferences and encouraging the Arabization of sciences through compilation, publication and translation.
- Designing the necessary future strategies to upgrade the students' skills and creativity in the physics program.
- Working on the development of students' skills as regards self-learning , increasing their academic and practical acquisition and , also , their social and technical skills.
- Working on organizing student trips to places of production and factories in the area of specialization in order to increase the practical experience.
- Working on the establishment of more advanced research labs for the students to solve some of the problems of factories and companies.
- linking what student study with the requirements of the labour market .
- Holding symposia , conferences and workshops and issuing brochures to develop the skills of the student and individuals in community .
- The development of exchange and cooperation with various educational institutions at home and abroad .