To provide the best training programs inside and outside Saudi Arabia during their medical internship year.
To develop medical intern’s professionalism in skills, learning, behavior, making decisions and their communication with patients and colleagues.
The main tasks of the unit can be summarized as follows:
- Supervise administrative preparations for training rotations by making and arranging interns’ rotation schedules and writing official training letters to concerned hospitals.
- Follow-up of trainees by continuous arrangement with the concerned training places by either regular visits, phone or written communication for improvement of training level by feedback.
- Execute programs that will improve and enhance the skills of trainees to prepare them for medical practice.
- Deal with all problems that may face the interns and their complaints.
- Helping interns to acquire the medical skills to be able to:
a. Diagnose and manage cases using basic and clinical sciences efficiently with rehabilitation and follow-up.
b. Work in harmony with the medical team.
c. Work with the available resources, ask for other medical opinions from more expert colleagues and improve his/her personal abilities and skills
d. Show commitment to the professional medical ethics of the Muslim doctor in all duties which include:
- Continuous medical education
- Honesty in providing information about diagnosis and treatment of the patients
- Keeping patients' secrets with no conflict with community welfare
- Having good relations with the patient and his relatives.
- Knowledge and commitment to special regulations in dealing with female patients or children when in OPD or admitted.
Rules of Alumni
- To enable the members to maintain an active relationship with each other and with the college.
- To motivate members to play a part in the development of the college and to promote a culture of alumni support amongst graduates.
- To offer advice and assistance in appropriate circumstances to the college and its students.
- Use of graduate’s expertise in developing and improving the continuous medical education and training at all levels in the medical college.
- Collecting and analyzing graduates opinions about the college program.
- Annual meetings.
- Development and preparation of workshops and training courses for the improvement of the skills of new graduates.