History of the College
The origin and history of the Faculty:
- The Faculty of Education was established by the high-level Decree issued on 27/2/1400 A.H., to be affiliated to King Abdul Aziz University and the study began in 1401 A.H.
- The Faculty was incorporated into Umm Al-Qura University which was established by the high-level Decree issued on 27/10/1402 A.H.
- Umm Al Qura University Branch was transferred to an independent university "Taif University" on the decision of the Higher Education Council and the high-level Decree on 10/5/1424 A.H., to include three faculties: Education, Science, Medicine and Medical Sciences.
- The Faculty of Education has been restructured to include the following departments: Sharia and Islamic Studies - Readings - Educational Sciences - Arabic Language- Kindergarten - Foreign Languages - Special Education - Home Economics - Physical Education - English Language Center, with the approval of the Council of Higher Education on 22/4/1426 A.H.
- Arts departments were separated from the Faculty of Education by the decision of the Higher Education Council, the high-level Decree and the Executive Decision of the Rector of the University on 17/9/1427 A.H.
- The faculties of teachers and faculties of girls had been restructured and included with the similar departments in the Faculty of Education and the Arts departments with the Faculty of Arts. Sharia and Home Economics departments were separated from the Faculty upon the approval of the Higher Education Council and high-level Decree on 30/12/1429 A.H.
- In 1438 A.H., the name of the Department of Educational Sciences was changed to "Department of Educational Leadership and Policies" and the name of the Department of Physical Education was changed to "Department of Sport Sciences" in the first semester of the academic year 1438-1439 A.H. The Department of Psychology was also transferred to the Faculty of Arts.