Achievements of the College of Design and Applied Arts
Achievements/activities carried out by the College of Designs and Applied Arts
Establishing student clubs
● Art Base Club, Art Department, under the supervision of Dr. Inas Ezzat.
● Ejad Club, Graphic Design Department, under the supervision of Dr. Hayat Al-Zahrani.
● Fikra Club, Interior Design Department, under the supervision of Mrs. Hawa Hawsawi.
● Fashion Design Club, Fashion and Textile Design Department, under the supervision of Mrs. Hala Al-Sufyani.
Graphic design department
● Introductory Forum for New Students: The meeting took place through virtual halls, by a group of female students in the department on January 22, 1442 AH.
● Saudi National Day: The National Day was activated through virtual halls on the National Day, by faculty members on February 13, 1442 AH.
● Taif University Pioneers Forum: Through virtual halls, by a group of female students in the department on 4/13/1442 AH.
● The Fourth Cultural Olympiad: through the virtual halls, by a group of female students from the department, on 2-4/7/142 AH.
● Designing a logo for the Rose Festival: A group of female students in the department participated in designing the logo for the sectarian Rose Festival on 7/26/1442 AH through virtual halls.
● The second creativity and design forum: through virtual halls, by Dr. Hayat Al-Zahrani on 4/8/1442 AH.
● The Scientific Forum: Through the virtual halls, by a group of female students from the department, on 16/8/1442 AH.
Interior Design Department
● The Fourth Practical Forum: A number of male and female students participated in the forum. The student, Jumana Khaled, won the eighth level. The student presented a paper entitled “The effect of internal architecture elements on brain waves in the light of neuro-architecture studies and the extent of its application by specialists in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.” First place in scientific posters in the branches of human sciences.
● Creativity and Design Forum (Second Creativity and Design Forum): at the College of Designs and Applied Arts and its duration is four days. and female students in Section 182.
● The First Alumni Forum, Taif University 1441-1442 AH: It was held for three days, starting from 11/17/1442 AH. The opening ceremony was sponsored by the President of Taif University, Prof. Youssef Asiri, and included a group of fruitful seminars to help the future graduation probe.
Department of Fashion and Textile Design
● Fourth Scientific Forum: Participation in the fourth scientific forum was conducted by the research of the student Saraa Al-Qudah under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Elham Abdel Aziz, entitled: “The Effect of Interactive Books on Developing the Capacities of Children with Determination in Life Skills Using Different Kinds of Fabrics,” an eighth-level student Department of Fashion and Textile Design. The student won the second place in the scientific posters in the humanities branch. Where the student was discussed on Sunday 28/3/2021 AD.
● Creativity and Design Forum: An initiative to establish (the “Second” Creativity and Design Forum) at the College of Designs and Applied Arts. Its duration is four days. The aim is to hold several courses, cultural activities and workshops for all departments of the College of Designs and Applied Arts. Our male and female students at the university started on 3/15/2021 and ended on 3/18/2021. The members of the Fashion and Textile Design Department presented several courses and workshops in the specialty.
● Influential art course on the Maharat platform within the activities of the Deanship of Student Affairs on 11/3/1442 AH Prepared and presented by Dr. Abdul Aziz bin Abdul Rahman Al-Daqeel, an enriching educational course for university students about the influence of art that included a historical overview, its features, the methods used by the artists, as well as The most prominent plastic artists and their biographies were discussed, their paintings were reviewed, their artistic production was highlighted with a comment on the techniques used and how the recipient can understand them and absorb all the data of this artistic method.
● A seminar on Develop Your Talent on My Skills Platform on 3/7/1442 AH: Prepared and presented by Dr. Ibrahim Salama Al Sharari The presentation was made through my Skills platform. The objective of the activity was to search for talent and seek help from sources that might inspire a person to find his talent. And looking at family history and what are the hobbies practiced by parents and grandparents, reading some books on talents and developing them, spending time practicing and developing the talent that a person already has, spending some time drawing and coloring with children, volunteering in voluntary work, not being afraid of Trying new things and activities. The symposium targeted the category of education personnel (teachers, male and female supervisors). The implementation of the technical educational symposium was carried out within the framework of the integration project between Taif University and the General Administration of Education in Taif Governorate, where coordination was established between the Art Department at the College of Designs and Applied Arts and Educational Supervision.
● A lecture on the art of optical illusion within the activities of the College of Designs (the second creativity forum) in the college on 7/29, 1442 AH Prepared and presented by Dr. Abdul Aziz bin Abdul Rahman Al-Duqail via the Blackboard platform The lecture aimed to introduce optical illusion, which is a type of abstract art based On the representation of geometric shapes and the interaction of color values to create optical illusion. It gives a sense of movement, stillness, depth, prominence, swelling and flicker from the surface of the painting. It combines art, optics, mathematics and kinesiology. The lecture dealt with the concept, origin and development, pioneers, types, intellectual concepts and the process of perception Technical characteristics and techniques used.
● A seminar on the principles of drawing on my skills platform, on 20/7/1442 AH: