Vision and Goals
Goals of the Virtual Advising Plan:
- Take in consideration the precautionary measures for the Corona pandemic.
- Communication with the students continuously and periodically.
- Creating evidences of the advising activities processes, which may be required for the quality process in our college.
- Usage of all available online university resources:
- Edugate system (to guide students academically).
- The virtual university advising system which is activated on the Blackboard platform (to guide the student psychologically and socially).
- Microsoft Teams system to hold the regular meetings (as an alternative).
- Using e-mails for advisors and students (to complete the communication process).
- Using Google Drive (for correspondence and for keeping advising templates).
- Ensuring the continuity of communication between the student and his advisor through the Blackboard platform and the external university system (Edugate).
- Complete the operation of delete/add courses and create academic schedules for our students.
- Finding out student’s different problems (academic, psychological and professional).
- Holding intensive meetings for the members of the University Advising Unit before the beginning of the academic year.
- Build a comprehensive virtual advising plan.
- Hold two advising workshops using the "Microsoft Teams" system. The first workshop was in Arabic and the second workshop was in English. The most important goal of these workshops was to clarify the proposed virtual advising plan precisely and how to implement it.
- Create a virtual vocational advising plan.
- Downloading the advising and the academic records of the students and check them carefully.
- Handling of the student’s schedules virtually, taking into account all precautionary measures for the Corona pandemic.
- Handling of the special academic cases (dismissed - apologized - etc.).
- Communication with our students through the virtual university advising system which is activated on the Blackboard platform.
- Follow up the process of distributing students to their advisors.
- Providing academic services to disabled students (psychological/physical) (if available).
Upcoming Virtual Advising Activities
- Hold two workshops on topics that are related to the academic life for our students (Boys and Girls).
- Academic monitoring of the defaulting students.
- Academic monitoring of the students’ GPAs movements within the semantic ranges (positive / negative / fixed).
- Implementing the proposed vocational advising plan.
- Follow up the communication process through the virtual university advising system which is activated on the Blackboard platform.