The Department of Family and Community Medicine or Preventive Medicine is a division of the clinical phase of university medical education. It provides theoretical and practical teaching. In addition, it conducts scientific research and expands its activities to include all primary health care areas covering the first and second levels of primary health care.
It aims at attracting a group of specialists in various fields related to community health; in order to contribute with the rest of the departments in the teaching of medical students, enrich the local community with studies and research.
- Raise the culture of students about environmental health, occupational health, epidemiology, health awareness and behavioral sciences.
- Contribute to continuing education in order to improve the culture of colleagues within the college and other colleges.
- Study behaviors and negative phenomena that lead to the spread of diseases or epidemics in the surrounding society.
- Contribute to the promotion of health in order to improve the culture of the community in the city of Taif or outside.
Goals and Values
- Increase specialists in health awareness, environmental health, occupational health, behavioral sciences and epidemiology.
- Contribute to the re-formulation of some environmental and health regulations and regulations, which change them to improve the health of society.
- Encouraging faculty members of the department to innovate, create and publish in the world's known and reliable scientific journals.
- Providing consultancy to companies and private sector institutions.
- Provide consultations for the health sector in the city of Taif or outside.
- Establishment of scientific chairs for community service
- Conduct research and studies that contribute to the diagnosis of negative phenomena in the local community.
- Participating in the organization of conferences, seminars and workshops in order to shed light on some negative phenomena in order to stand up and treat them.
- Working as a reference section for consultations in the field of environmental health, occupational health, health awareness, epidemiology and behavioral sciences
- Obtaining local and international recognition of the department